Friday, July 25, 2014

Garlic bread, home, Rue Cilly, Saignon

One night we stayed in and had pasta with Picard pesto (very good). I made this garlic bread out of a baguette from Christine's and a head of fresh garlic. I read about fresh garlic on a wonderful food blog, Chocolate and Zucchini. A blog everyone should know. Fresh garlic is sold in Provence in the Spring. The stalk is still green and the garlic had a milder yet richer taste, with none of the harshness even when raw. I sautéed it in Biologique Extra virgin olive oil from Christine's. It was heaven.

I wish that I had taken a picture of our toaster. It was a very basic model, one long slot, avocado or yellow, I can't remember, and probably cost 20 euros. It never failed to make perfect toast. Makes me want to burn my Williams-Sonoma catalog.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive