Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Bunnies, garden

 We have been here for 27 years and I have seen very few rabbits in that time. This year, come Spring, we have them. For a month I have been seeing an adult, who runs under our guest house when startled. Two weeks ago, I noticed a different, darker rabbit in our neighbor's yard. Well, rabbits being rabbits, today I was sitting out in perfect 78f/26c temperatures and noticed the mother munching on my least favorite weeds. She loves them and clears them out! Then I saw a smaller one nearby when the baby ventured too far out in the open (we have a resident red-tailed hawk, who keeps our squirrel population reasonable) the mother chased it back to safer places. The bottom picture is one such chase.

1 comment:

Martina said...

:-)

Just what I needed right now!

:-)

Followers

Blog Archive