Sunday, March 22, 2020

Tree portraits, Laurel and Hardy

Inspired by Carl Weese.  Taken with my new odd rig. This is a Lumix S1-R with a Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens attached via an adapter. Don't have the right words to describe the "feel" of the files from this lovely old lens. Smoother rather than sharper is as close as I can come. And it is plenty sharp. Mike Johnston on TOP has sung the praises of this lens, forcing me to pony up $75.00 a year ago and put it on my micro 4/3 cameras. Then Kirk Tuck says how much he likes his Lumix S1s so I find one used on eBay still in the box for almost half price. I could even still register it! It is, as advertised, heavy, but the Takumar is not and balances well. I also have the Sigma 40mm f/2.8 which is even lighter and very modern day sharp. I put the camera and 50mm on a tripod, popped the rear screen to horizontal and make the files square and it's like using one of my old Rolleis.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive