Saturday, November 10, 2018

Muhly grass and 20mm f/1.7

Muhly grass is a very popular landscape grass around here. It is very hardy and makes a nice, innocuous tuft of grass all summer long. It the Autumn it sends up these incredible inflorescences in a stunning magenta that fades to a nice yellow.

The first two lenses that I bought when I moved into Micro 4/3 were the Olympus 90mm f/1.8 that I posted pictures from a few days ago , and the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 a semi normal length. It was very sharp but had a big problem, it took forever to focus. So, it slowly made it's way to the back of my lens shelf. I saw a comment on Michael Johnston's T.O.P. blog that indicated that the newer bodies made it focus faster. I have a Lumix G9 so, on it went...and voila! much faster focus. It is still a sweet lens so it's at the front of the shelf.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive